We often hear stories from Jubilee clients about inspirational women who played a significant part in their lives. These women were lights in their darkness, role models, and lifelines—encouraging them to hang on and be their best selves:
Download a copy of this poem and share it with a special woman in your life!
• “Nana was always smiling, always there for me. She told me I was strong and that she loved me forever. She wasn’t just my grandma, she was my friend and mentor.”
• “My kind and gentle 8th grade teacher took me under her wing when I was teased and bullied. Her advice to me was, ‘Beauty is as beauty does.’”
• “My daughter helped me by holding up a mirror for me to see the person I had become as a result of addiction. It’s almost five years later, and I am forever grateful.”
• “My care manager at Jubilee has helped me see that my life still has meaning despite my disabilities. She has influenced me physically, mentally, and spiritually.”
• “I was once a strong woman, but after a terrible experience, felt weak and defeated. My sister allowed me to feel safe. Without her nurturing love, I’d still be lost.”
• “I am still close to the woman who cared for me as a child. She is strong and wise. When my mother got sick, when I became homeless, she was the person I talked to.”
When I reflect on the inspirational women in my life, I think of my mother who was raised in foster care, yet grew up to create a stable family home of her own; my sister, who showed me the lighter side of life and the joys of motherhood; and my daughter who has grown into a loving young woman confidently forging her own path. In fact, everywhere I look around me, at Jubilee and beyond, I see the extraordinary impact of strong women and how they can move others to a place of strength by loving and believing in them unconditionally.
I invite you to reflect on the extraordinary women in your life, and consider making a donation to Jubilee in appreciation of all they have shared with you.
You may make a donation online here. If you wish to give in honor of someone special, we’ll send a card letting them know a gift has been made in their name. Contact email@example.com with the name of the honoree, their mailing address, and how you would like your name to appear as the gift-giver.
With gratitude for all you do to strengthen the women of Jubilee,