Give So Residents Like Katy Can Get Through the COVID-19 Crisis.
Katy is a Jubilee resident who lost her job this week when the restaurant she works for closed its doors. For her and other residents in similar situations, the unpredictability of employment, schooling, and a loss of routine feels unsettling and stressful.
Here's how you can help.
What Your Gift Will Do
Your gift will meet the immediate needs of residents as they face new and unexpected expenses due to job loss or quarantine:
- Food. As a precaution, we have suspended community meals. Your donation will provide nutritious essentials such as meals and grocery gift cards.
- Cleaning Supplies and Essentials. There is a need for cleaning supplies like disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, and soap, as well as basic essentials like toothpaste and deodorant.
- Extra support. Through all that is going on, we're continuing to provide holistic care to our residents, though we're now working with limited staff due to social distancing and other precautions. We're looking into creative ways - such as online conferencing through Zoom - to support residents who are susceptible to isolation and depression, or who require extra support to access community resources available to those impacted by quarantine and social distancing.
The Donate Now button below will direct you to our JustGiving page.
Give By Mail
Write a check payable to Jubilee Women’s Center and mail it to:
Order Meals to be Delivered
As a precaution, we have suspended home prepard meals, However, our residents rely on the community to provide hot meals throughout the week. This gap has created an opportunity to support local businesses while providing meals to Jubilee residents.
Here are the details for ordering and delivering meals to Jubilee:
- Delivery options are available for all houses:
- 30 meals - Main House
- 9 meals - Sojourner House
- 7 meals - Martha's House
- 5 meals - 612 House
- Please schedule delivery by 4:30 pm.
- We request that each meal be packaged individually. This precauction is important for social distancing and avoiding physical contact between our residents.
- A provided list of general ingredients such as dairy, nuts, meat, and gluten would be greatly appreciated for those who have dietary restrictions.
Email our Volunteer Services Manager for available dates and delivery address.
Wish List Donations
Your donations of wish list items help us maintain our residences, provide basic necessities for residents, and furnish private rooms for new program participants.
Currently, Jubilee residents and households would be grateful to receive the following:
Deodorant (full size)
Q-tips (full size packages)
ORCA cards in any amount
You can also find wish list items at Amazon and have them shipped directly to Jubilee.
We accept donations at our main site in Capitol Hill during regular business hours. If you have questions about whether Jubilee can use an item, please contact us before dropping it off.
Donate a Gift Card
For residents like Katy who’ve lost their jobs, a gift card to a local grocery store will provide the food and supplies she needs to get through these stressful times.
Stores within walking distance to Jubilee include Safeway, QFC, and Trader Joe's. Other stores available by bus are Target and Fred Meyer.
Please send gift cards to the following address, and be sure to include your own name and address:
Join the Monthly Impact Circle
Secure a safe place for women to heal and rebuild their lives as they work toward living-wage employment and self-sufficiency. Your monthly gift (of any amount!) supports these and other programs that empower Jubilee women to build stable and fulfilling futures:
Life Skills & Communications Classes
Computer Skills Training
Free Clothing Boutique
Pathways to Housing
Case Management & Advocacy
As a Monthly Impact Circle member, we'll send you regular updates so you know how your recurring contribuion is making a difference for Jubilee residents and other low-income women in the community.
Show your ongoing commitment to helping women move past homelessness with a monthly contribution to Jubilee Women’s Center.
The button below will direct you to our Network for Good donation form where you can select "I would like to make this a recurring donation deducted monthly."